Your privacy and our obligations to you around our collection and use of your personal information are important to Working Dog Pty Ltd (ACN 076 766 615) and its related entities (“Working Dog”).
This policy explains the purposes for which Working Dog collects, uses and discloses personal information, the types of personal information that Working Dog may collect, who information may be collected from and the processes that Working Dog has in place to enable individuals to access or update their personal information, or to lodge a complaint.
We are committed to respecting your rights and to our compliance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose personal information
The main purposes for which Working Dog may collect, use, hold and disclose personal information include:
· in connection with the planning, development, production, distribution and promotion of Working Dog media, television or film productions and for carrying out our contractual obligations to financiers, broadcasters, distributors and licensees;
· where applicable, for inclusion in, and use relating to, Working Dog media, television or film productions, including credits and promotional material;
· in connection with the assessment of the suitability of persons applying to participate in Working Dog productions, be it in development, production or marketing;
· in connection with the assessment of persons applying to be part of an audience for test screenings and studio recordings of a program or live events, for the administration and record keeping of such events and for inviting future involvement in these events;
· for direct marketing communications of Working Dog productions;
· to administer any competitions we run which persons may enter;
· for tax purposes, including for production incentives such as the Producer Offset, and for other production incentives including grants;
· in connection with the employment and engagement of people in our businesses and productions, including for compliance with workplace health and safety policies;
· to comply with laws, including where required for health and safety laws and regulations including related to COVID-19;
· in connection with insurances relating to our businesses and productions;
· for day-to-day administration of our business.
Please note that in parts of Australia, including Victoria, from time to time people in the film industry may be required to provide satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or medical exemptions) before entering the workplace where they work outside their home, whether they are employees, volunteers or contractors.
Who we collect personal information from
We collect personal information from you:
· when you submit any project or material or are involved in a project or material being submitted to us*;
· when you make contact with us and disclose your personal information;
· when you apply for a job or a role on our productions such as for actors, writers, directors, producers, technicians or to supply other services and facilities to the productions and in the course of carrying out these functions;
· when you apply to participate in one of our productions in any other way, such as in a studio audience, as an on screen participant, in crowd scenes or in any viewer interaction or in any competition related to the production;
· when you are otherwise associated with the development, finance, production and marketing of one of our productions;
· when you provide feedback about our productions or our other activities; and
· when you buy our productions and/or related material, such as merchandise or purchase the right to view our production or a special offer related to such production or enter a competition promoting our productions or merchandise;
· when you enter competitions that we run.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties (see following paragraph “How we collect personal information”).
You do have the right to contact us and deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym, however in some such situations it may be impractical for us to deal with you or provide you with the assistance you request.
(*Please note Working Dog does not accept any unsolicited scripts)
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in person, in writing, over the phone, by email, on line though social media platforms and via our website, via video or other live recordings.
On occasions we may collect information from third parties including:
· from participants in or contributors to our productions;
· from individuals, companies and agencies relating to pre-employment checks including Working With Children checks and police checks;
· from parents, guardians and schools, in the case of minors involved in our productions, including in relation to obtaining employment related permits or consents, for example in the case of students undertaking work experience;
· from casting and talent agents and managers;
· from contractors that supply services to our productions;
· from funding bodies, financiers broadcasters and licensees associated with the production;
· from advertisers and promotional partners.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about you that identifies you or might identify you. The information that we will collect depends upon the reason we seek it. Personal information that we may collect about you includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, work or other contact details, gender, and date or birth. When you apply for a job or seek an on-camera role we may also obtain additional information such as your citizenship/residency, appearance and physical characteristics (including photographs), education, qualifications and work history and we may also require you to provide us with sensitive information including medical history, and whether you have a criminal record and information necessary for police checks and working with children checks.
We will only collect personal information about you if that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
We will only collect sensitive information about you if you consent to us collecting that information. Sensitive information includes information or opinion about: racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, an individual’s criminal record and health information about an individual.
If you are engaged to work on a Working Dog production please refer to the more detailed list of personal information that we will collect which is attached as Annexure A.
The holding and storage of personal information
We seek to keep your personal information safe and secure, whether it be as a hard copy or in an electronic format. Information kept at our offices is protected by a security system for our premises. We also have procedures to protect data stored electronically (via email and stored on computers or electronically) including login and passwords for emails and information held electronically and to make all our staff aware of the need for protecting personal information and adherence to this Policy and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We employ secure destruction procedures when paper copies of your personal information are no longer required by us.
If you work with us, personal information relating to your employment relationship with us may be held as an “employee record” exempt from the Australian Privacy Principles. However, COVID-19 information will be collected and used on a “need to know” basis.
Who do we disclose personal information to?
Working Dog will not disclose your personal information to third parties except (i) as set out in this Policy; or (ii) for the particular purpose for which the personal information was collected; or (iii) with your consent.
We may disclose personal information to third party service providers engaged by Working Dog, for example, a casting agent or an accounting or pay-roll company or other third party contractor (including its employees) engaged on a Working Dog production. Our business ‘partners’ - including television networks, our investors and financiers, our insurers including completion bond companies, our sales agents and distributors, our travel agents and other goods and service suppliers - may also be provided with your personal information where reasonably necessary for us to carry out one or more of our functions or activities. We may provide your contact details to a third party business we engage to manage live audience participation or other production or marketing services. We may share information with our viewing audiences when they watch Working Dog productions.
Where you work on a Working Dog production, your name and position may also be included on the credits of the production and in associated marketing materials.
Some government funding departments and agencies require aggregated details relating to a production, including for example job applicants (including details of state of residence) and some financial arrangements (for example, the tax rebate known as the Producer Offset) and surveys and reporting (for example, reporting on demographics of cast and crew in the Australian film and television industry) may require specific personal information about you and your engagement with Working Dog, including your name, nationality, residence and contract details, including payments and other benefits.
Personal information of independent contractors or their employees engaged on Working Dog productions may be provided to the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA), including for the purpose of calculating and paying residuals to on-camera talent.
We may also disclose collected personal information in confidence to a third party who expresses interest in purchasing our business or in the event we propose to sell our business or for the purposes of merger or re-organization.
Personal information provided to a Working Dog company may be shared with other related companies within ‘the Working Dog group’ and used and disclosed for the above purposes by such companies.
Working Dog productions are intended to be marketed throughout the world and in the course of financing, licensing and distributing our productions we may need to provide personal information about you collected in connection with a production to our broadcasters, distributors and sales agents, including your contact details and contractual entitlements.
We may also need to disclose personal information if required by law, including for example to government organisations such as Centrelink.
Your right to access to personal information and to request corrections
Should you wish to access or correct personal information that we hold about you, please make a written request to Dan Atkins, Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at the end of this Policy).
It is your right to request access to your personal information held by us. Situations where we may need to refuse to give you access include where legal proceedings have been commenced or are anticipated. You also have the right to request corrections to personal information about you if it is inaccurate, including if it is out of date. Our Privacy Officer will endeavor to resolve any disputes regarding whether your personal information that we hold is correct.
We will seek to respond to your written request within 30 days of its receipt. Working Dog may charge a fee, as appropriate, in certain circumstances in order to facilitate access to your personal information. No fee is charged to correct personal information.
Changes to this Policy
If you have a complaint
We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns about the use of your personal information. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles please contact Dan Atkins, Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at the end of this Policy).
All complaints will be considered by the Privacy Officer who will endeavour to resolve the matter. If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved the complaint may be taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
(Telephone: 1300 363 992; Website: ).
Privacy Officer’s Contact Details
Privacy Officer: Dan Atkins
Telephone Number: +61 3 9826 4344
Postal Address: PO Box 488 South Yarra, Victoria 3141 Australia
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org